Subject: Re: [Leica] Urban forest
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:48:49 -0800

snip
> Take a look at Stanley Park in Vancouver for example. It is approximately
> 1,000 acres and contains some very dense old forest growth . It is not the
> only example of urban forest in the Lower Mainland. The urban forest five
> blocks from my house is also about 1,000 acres in size and likewise contains
> dense growth.
>
>  jh

I read that here: Portland Oregon has the largest city park in the usa,
its called Forest Park. Unfortunately we're talking miles of evergreens
which for me are not real trees, they get boring quick.
And I recall that Forest Park in St. Louis where I went to school is
number 2. I don't remember any tree's there, it was like a big golf
course in the city. Number three was Central Park in New York City where
I was born; if these figures are still correct or if my memory is.
Is the Black Forest in Berlin?:)
As far as the rural/urban thing goes the big thing now for me are those
fake industrial parks and those things that are like that TV Series from
the '60's "The Prisoner" where a big balloon comes and gets you when you
try to get away and everyone has a number and looks like they are on a
Golf Team.(Lots of umbrellas).
Mark Rabiner