Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica universal polarizing filter M - # 13356
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:52:03 -0500

At 05:18 PM 1999-03-23 -0800, John Hudson wrote:
>My old [~1972 vintage] 50mm / f1.4 Summilux M lens take a 42mm filter.

Well, while I hardly regard a lens made barely more than a quarter-century
back as "old", I would point out that it should take 43mm, not 42mm,
filters.  If yours DOES take 42mm filters, then it shares this honour with
only one other known lens, the immediate Postwar Carl Zeiss Jena 4/135
Triotar.

In other words, brother:  if yours DOES take 42mm filters, SELL IT, FAST!
To a collector.  Make large dollars, Canadian or US.  Invest these in a
series of new Leica lenses!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!