Subject: Re: [Leica] G system and Leica IN YOUR DREAMS
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:58:57 +0800

I also own the G2 and a set of lenses including the 21mm and 28mm Biogons.
Though I do not have their respective Leica M counterparts for a comparison,
the Zeiss lenses are indeed very very nice but with a cooler color rendition
than Leicas.  However I do not like the body because it functions like an
advanced P&S and worse without visual focus confirmation.  I prefer the manual
control of M Leicas and scale focus-able wide angles lenses, so as a total
system the G does not cut it for me.  If someone out there can convert the two
Biogons into manual focusing M mounts for a reasonable price I would do it
immediately!

So there you have it: a system is much more than the quality of its lenses.

Ray