Subject: Re: [Leica] G system and Leica IN YOUR DREAMS
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:42:41 -0800

I did not suggest and I do not think that it is the case that Erwin did
an comprehensive article or test comparing the G to M systems. I do
recall him mentioning a few of the G lenses in passing and in those
writings implying that they were between 10 to 30 percent less good than
the M. So he would have had his hands on a few of them. This is just
from memory as I don't have the quotes or articles in front of me. I
imagine someone who has the articles handy will straighten me or us out
on it with dispatch.
I just read the link you gave us for the first time. Who wrote it? Tom A?
I'm almost positive Erwin has mentioned the Contax G lenes in his articles.
Mark Rabiner