Subject: Re: [Leica] answers??Darkroom secrets
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:43:03 -0800

Dan Post wrote:

> Thanks for setting me straight there; I read the Minor White book- a
> smallish yellow paperback that eventually fell apart, I read it so much!
> I briefly read Adams' books, but in view of the current discussion, I should
> get them and re-read them.snip
> >Eric Welch
snip
My Minor White book also turned into large yellow confetti. The Scotch
Tape turned yellow and fell apart! I also plowed through all the Ansel
Adams Zone stuff. But the best Zonal mindsets I've received were from
Arnold Gassan's Handbook for contemporary photography Distributed by
Light impressions. It was written in '72, its third printing. It's the
best darkroom working book I've ever read.
Minor White spaces even me out. He started a gallery here in Portland
Oregon called the Camerawork Gallery that I've had two shows in over
that past twenty years.
Mark :-) Rabiner