Subject: Re: [Leica] grain in ilford/kodak/fuji B&W films at ISO3200
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:12:27 +0100

Bill,

My own experience with D3200 is indeed that it is best at 1600 or 1200. Bob
Bedwell has had similar results. My development time is 7 or 7 1/2 minutes
in XTOL stock at 20C/68F. When processed and exposed in this way, I get
wonderful negatives with nice, not too pronounced grain and good tonality.
Quite amazing for a film of this speed. Shooting it at 3200 means pushing
and the usual consequences of that. As far as I recall, Erwin Puts arrived
at an optimal speed of 1000 for this film.

Nathan

WILLIAM CALDWELL wrote:

SNIP

> The gentleman behind the
> counter stated that those who have used it reported that it was best @
> 1600.  The Ilford web site doesn't list the Delta 3200 on its available
> B/W professional films.
>
> The site does have a press release section and that has a flak's
> write-up of the Delta 3200.  After mentioning Delta 100 and 400, the
> write-up several paragraphs down states: "With a measured speed of up to
> ISO 1250 (up to ISO 1600 when developed in Ilford Micropen developer)
> the film has been designed to be 'push' processed to achieve its nominal
> speed of EI 3200."

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium