Subject: Re: [Leica] I missed it.
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:28:14 -0400

Paul:

I see this as common with a lot of the lug members.  They miss shots like
this because the are just too shy to put the camera up, focus and take the
picture, let alone ask the subject if you could take their picture.
Perhaps you could have asked her to take her picture and then taken your
time to compose and focus.  For example, Nathan Wajsman that posted a web site

http://members.xoom.com/wajsman/belgium.htm

showing some pictures taken at markets in Belgium.  I think in only one
picture ,Tongeren 10, there were people facing the camera and eye contact.

I too am shy, but just try my best.  If I don't get eye contact in the
picture, it just gets filed in the garbage unless there are other merits to
it.  My web page has some examples of this in the Noctilux, Trip, and Baby
picture section (nurse shot) all have example of the eye contact I am
talking about.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/index.htm

Regards,

Robert