Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica & Contax test
From: "m.mori" <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:52:01 +0200

At 6:53 pm +0200 29/3/99, Bruce Feldman wrote:

>I'm sure you'd agree that there are many more non-pro G owners than pro;
>also that there are many more G owners who do not *also* own an M than those
>who do.  Therefore, I think it's a mistake to use a sample of such pros to
>generalize about the reasons for ownership for the entire group.  I think
>that *most* people who bought Gs were buying a "Leica-Lite," and were
>encouraged to think that way.

Bruce, The pro story is just an example.  My point is that "G as Leica-Lite"
MAY not be generalised, either, to amateur photographers.  As far as I know,
many of them are observant Zeiss-ists and quite happy with their possession
of modern Zeiss glass.  OK.  I do not deny a possibility that they are
*subconsciously* content with a Leica M-like system despite their
disapproval. :-).

Mikiro
Strasbourg, France