Subject: Re: [Leica] What brand of filters ?
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:48:49 EST

One word of advice "Duck."  This is a hot topic.  You may feel like you have
invited an attach by a squadron of A-10's.  There is a slight difference of
opinion among the LUG members regarding this issue.  Actually religion and
politics evoke mild reactions compared this topic.

I say go ahead and use them if you want.  If you do use protective filters on
your M lenses, I would suggest using multicoated filters.  While I don't have
protective filters on my M lenses, I do have them on some of my Canon EOS and
Contax Zeiss lenses.  I like Hoya HMC's and Contax multicoated filters.

Tom Shea

<< I recently purchased M-6 with several used lenses and I like to know if the
 luggers prefer not to use filters on their M lenses.  >>