Subject: [Leica] Re: I missed it.
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:10:53 -0600

At 12:48 PM 29/03/99 PST, you wrote:
>D This is only my 6th roll using the
>rangefinder, and my focusing is gradually getting better, but could you
>all impart some of your wisdom as to how I can achieve quicker focus for
>street shooting?

Meter and set your lens at the hyperfocal distance.  Keep it there unless
your subject is inside the focusing range.  At f/11 you have good DofF.
Most street shots are taken at a distance of more than 10' away, so keep
this in mind.
   For lenses with focusing tabs, play with the focusing adjustment until
you can feel the lens focusing without looking at the rangefinder patch.
practice for objects at different distances until you can set the lens like
this.  It is harder with lenses that only have a focusing ring, but you
could try to set the lens to infinity, and get the feel of how much it has
to be turned to focus on different distances.  You will have to get used to
this for each lens you are using, because they will all be slightly different.