Subject: Re: [Leica] [Q] How to clean a 21mm finder?
From: Kekfoto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 01:47:53 EST

Arne, Leslie & Jo,

It appears that your 21mm finder is a victim of what in some engineering
circles is called "value engineering", at least that's what they called it in
the early 1970's when I worked for the US General Services Administration as
an architect and project director for the design & construction of federal
buildings in the Midwest region. I continually had to resist design changes to
specifications that "improved performance" (read "cheapened") of an
architectural or structural element. My experience in those instances where
the value engineered component was excepted is that the results were
unsatisfactory in almost every case.

							Kirk