Subject: Re: [Leica] M Small Viewfinder comments
From: Kekfoto@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 00:52:20 EST

Hi Bill,

I agree with you about the excellence of the LHSA Viewfinder. I am an Honorary
Life Member and past President of the Chicago Photographic Collectors Society
(www.chicagophotographic.org) and some ten years ago undertook the editor's
duties for one issue of our Journal, By Daylight. Ours is also a volunteer
organization and as the current editor of our monthly newsletter, I am well
aware of the difficulties experienced by such groups. However I have also been
a collector of cameras and images for more than 50 years, with no inside
connections to the photo industry. As such I have had to rely on various
publications in order to satisfy my collection goals with meager financial
resources. In this regard I have been often misled by the various "experts"
that get their opinions published as facts, or those academicians or fellow
collectors that do not do their homework but repeat unsubstantiated verbiage
from the last book they read or from some manufacturer's PR. Marc's statements
regarding the prime duties of an editor are well taken, especially in
connection with an important publication as our LSHA Viewfinder.

						Kirk