Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Caps
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 99 11:47:40 +0800

Just a couple of tips I have picked up FWIW:

if you use a Summicron 35 with the rectangular hood you might consider
switching to the metal 12504 hood which will a/ not be so prone to
catching on the corners and unscrewing the barrel (a common problem with
the last version non-Asph 35) b/ accepts a 58mm lens cap for protection
c/ can be used as a filter holder, handy for quick changes d/ looks
better IMHO!

if you use a Summicron 50 with removable plastic hood - get the metal one
(12585) since it doesn't fall apart so easily, doesn't jam in reverse and
yes because it looks nicer!

if you use an early Elmarit 21 with 60mm filter - you can fit the generic
58mm lens cap in the filter when the hood is fitted, which also prevents
the feeble springs on the hood being stressed.

Best Tip:

get a lens coupling ring which fixes two lenses back to back, stopping
them smashing into each other when in the same pocket and leaving you
with one less cap to worry about.

Now off to shoot a bit more with my Heliar...

Bests

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Editorial and Corporate Photography