Subject: Re: [Leica] Do you like your M6 TTL?
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 09:07:43 +0200

I am using my M6 TTL along with a regular M6. No big deal, but I think the
TTL meter is better, as I can work faster with it. The red dot in the
middle is nice and easy to use. Other differences are soon forgotten, as
the 'feel' is unchanged. From a users point of view, differences are
diminutive, and there is no reason for a M6 owner to 'upgrade'. My personal
reason was the HM finder.

I don't see any reason at all why anybody should be unhappy with the M6TTL,
unless we consider Leicaphile traditional reasons, like that everything
should remain forever unchanged. You all know the differences, and I think
the larger top plate will give space for different types of finders in the
future, easier to use for people wearing glasses and maybe wide angle
finders too. At present there seems to be lots of free space inside the TTL
top plate, and there must be some logical reason for the change.

But, a part of me is also traditionalist, and that is why I still enjoy
using my M2:s!
/Hans