Subject: [Leica] Re: How to clean a 21mm finder?
From: DenizSaylan.Foto@t-online.de (D.Saylan)
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:01:27 +0200

I had the same problem with my rangefinder and was also very upset. This
little plastic qube doesnŽt fint into any
Leica philosphy at all. And at the other hand, when I buy such a damn
expensive lens, IŽd pay this 100 or 150 bucks
more to when I would get a good rangefinder. In my case, I just told to
my self, where dust gets in, there has to be a
way to get it out, too.
The body of the rangefinder is just pressed together. You can easy
remove the top with tight, but carefully moving in
all directions until it gets loose. Then you can ged rid of the dust and
put the thing back together.
I sold my plastic qube and bought myself the older version crafted with
metal. I can tell you... the difference is
huge... the old rangefinder is built like the M Leica, too. GOOD! And
the optical quality is even better than the new
plastic shit, too. I do not mind to pay almost the double of the price
of the plastic one. At least, now I know that I
own a good rangefinder.

Deniz Saylan
Photojournalist
Germany