Subject: Re: [Leica] seeking M6 lens opinions
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:51:50 -0500

> > Assuming street pics, snapshots of kids, and landscapes, which would you
> > consider a better choice for a first lens, a 2/50, or a 1.4/35.....or
> > something else?

Assuming that it's a first Leica lens, not a first lens - as in, you've been
shooting for a while - if you need the extra stop, I'd go for the 35 1.4, ASPH
if possible. If you don't need the extra stop, go for the 35 Summicron.

> > Aesthetics aside, does the added weight of a chrome lens help you steady
> > the camera better than a lighter black one?

No, but it sure adds weight to the camera package. For a fairly bizarre reason I
have the 35 Summilux ASPH in titanium, and the damn thing weighs almost as much
as my M6 body....
Go for the black aluminum.....