Subject: RE: [Leica] seeking M6 lens opinions
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:54:22 -0500

> Assuming street pics, snapshots of kids, and landscapes, which would you
> consider a better choice for a first lens, a 2/50, or a 1.4/35.....or
> something else?

	I would skip the 1.4/35 and get the 2/50 and the 2/35 for not too
much more money, perhaps less.  That is, unless you really, really need that
extra stop.

> Aesthetics aside, does the added weight of a chrome lens help you steady
> the camera better than a lighter black one?

	I for one have found no difference in my ability to steady either a
2/50 or 2/35 in brass (chrome or titanium) or aluminum; both are pretty
small lenses. Can't say about the 90, bigger barrel, may be different
balance.  In all cases, I own aluminum.

	Buzz Hausner