Subject: [Leica] examples of low light shooting
From: "Isaac H Crawford" <eyes1@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:59:45 -0500

    Here's some pictures that show one of my favorite combos for low light
shooting. They are of a play that my brother was in...It was a campy,
over-the-top type of thing, so some of the expressions you see will be a bit
silly. All of them were taken with my M6HM, 75mm Summilux, using Fuji Neopan
1600 (with an EI of 2400) souped in Diafine.
    I really like the combo of diafine and neopan 1600. It has very fine
grain (for a film shot @ 2400!), high sharpness, and great hightlight
separation. Unfortunetly, the combo of white costumes, direct spotlight, and
overall contrasty conditions were a bit much for the scanner, but believe it
or notm, the highlights are not blocked up! When burned in with proper
printing, there is all sorts of detail in the highlights. The only potential
drawback I can see is that there is not much shadow detail..but for my
purposes (fair skinned folks in dim lighting), the important things look
good.
    BTW, please be kind, you're seeing the whole roll unedited... They were
really just intended as snapshots for my brother... Use the link and my
password below and let me know what you think...

TIA
Isaac

works best; AOL is fine as well), and go to the following Internet Address
(URL):

        http://www.photonet.com

That page will ask for your name and an access code.  Use the following
access code:

        PV239222K6XGE

Your pictures will be available online for 30 days.