Subject: Re: [Leica]Erwin testing f4-35/70!
From: "Isaac H Crawford" <eyes1@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 17:58:33 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: dan states <dstate1@hotmail.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 2:59 PM

> Erwin, or anyone else, I am quite curious about this f4 30/70.
> What is the origin of this lens?  Is it a Leica design, or farmed out as
> were some other zooms?  Also, is this assembled in Germany or elsewhere.
>
> I am only curious since it seems to be almost unmentioned here on the net
> and elsewhere.  I have never even seen one.
>
> Am looking forward to your upcomming post on this piece.  If it's macro
> performance is up to leica standard I would really consider buying this
> lens.
>
> Thanks to all
> Dan

    If I'm not mistaken (and I very well could be...) the 35-70 f4 is of
Leica design and built by Kyocera. I believe that the same lens is availible
in the Contax lens line... Assuming for the moment that they are the same, I
can tell you that it's one hell of a lens. It compares very favorably with
the Zeiss primes in that range, and it can focus mighty close. This is one
of the few zooms that I have been impressed with...

Isaac