Subject: Re: [Leica] RE; DISCREETNESS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 10:36:39 -0500

At 09:50 AM 4/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>When I shoot with Hasselblads, I never get bronica users who want
>to know if there really is a difference.

Everybody knows the difference there. :-)

On the issue of fooling the Nigerian woman by distracting her so your
friend can get a picture, most photographers I know have the consideration
to not take pictures of people if they don't want you to, unless there's
some compelling news value that outweighs their wish. (Child molesters,
drug dealers, politicians, etc.) For sure, one better not sell such photos
for anything but editorial use. Very good chance of a suit.

And if I take a picture, as I often do, before the person is aware, and
they don't want me to use it, I throw the negatives out.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Always be on the lookout for conspicuousness (or, It's hard to tell if
someone is inconspicuous).