Subject: Re: [Leica] Capa and the Wide Angle Lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 12:17:17 -0500

At 12:36 PM 4/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>But if these
>shots are being taken on public property, and are being taken of you as a
>participant in a public event, I just don't get it. I think the bottom line
>here is that he/she who lives/profits by/in the limelight, loses his/her
>right to complain about invasion of privacy in the limelight.

B.D. I think they're talking about personal space, not whether you can take
their picture or not. Just forget the 20mm lens when you don't have a lot
of competition already in that person's face. Step back a bit. I often use
my 19mm lens, but if I feel like the person will be uncomfortable, then I
think it's only good form to use what works without making them
uncomfortable. If at all possible.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?