Subject: Re: [Leica] Capa and the Wide Angle Lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 10:45:06 -0500

At 11:22 AM 4/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Admittedly, I have also stood back and made pix of the mob frenzy around
>someone and that, too, is equally a part of the story. Ultimately, much
>news today is so canned, vis à vis politico/spin stuff that mostly all
>you'll get are the choreographed photo ops.

Actually, that's how I prefer to depict such situations. Why? Because it's
a press event, not real life. So why not show it for what it is? Honesty
demands such an approach. Unfortunately, editors don't like competitors in
the picture, but I don't care. :-) They usually take what I give them.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.