Subject: Re: [Leica] RE; DISCREETNESS
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 11:17:34 -0700

Robinsnes@aol.com wrote:

>         I am a wedding and portrait photographer. I ofter have people at
> weddings refuse to have their picture taken, even candidly. I speak with them
> and attempt to elicit their cooperation. If the answer is no, I stay away or
> speak to the bride and groom and request that someone from the family
> approach them. This usually solves the problem.snip
In my wedding days I gleefully found that fulfilling the role of the
wedding photographer meant a licence to shoot people in the most
compromising and idiotic situations with all the leeway in the world.
Nobody thought otherwise. The role of the wedding photographer has
become so well defined in many of our cultures. We had pretty much a
free licence to shoot anything. "Blast 'em with our Normans"  People
with food all over their face. I used to get dragged into the Ladies
Dressing Rooms or worse.
A surreal slice of life!
Mark Rabiner