Subject: Re: [Leica] Compulsive political message posting
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:49:47 -0700

Walt wrote:
>         Go to Carrollton, Tx. and ride your bike to the park without
>         a helmet.  Go to KALIFORNICA and sit in a bar and smoke a cigar.
Snip
> It is to be expected that discussions on the LUG will occasionally
> lead to political topics. However, if you find yourself frequently leading
> discussions into political issues, it is a sign that you have lost a sense
> of proportion, and that something in your emotional makeup and identity
> is causing you to behave inappropriately.
snip
> One common sign of depression is a tendency to lead most conversations
> into politics, or other irrelevant issues that weigh heavily on one's soul.
Snip
> With the proper drugs or therapy, you will find yourself discussing politics
snip
> I hope this helps.
>
> -Al
Getting sued or pummeled for photographing people on the street is a
political as much as legal issue. You could make it into a psychological
issue but that you indicate a bias on your part that could indicate
intense chemical therapy. Other forms of therapy might also be indicated
but I am not free to prescribe them as one needs to be a Doctor in most
civilized colonies.
The issues at hand are First and other Amendment rights.
For now on when you look up presumptuousness in the dictionary it will
say see Richard Edwards. That's a semantic issue.
Mark Rabiner