Subject: [Leica] loose old caps
From: "Christopher Nauta" <summarex@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 19:47:36 PDT

- -

   Has anyone devised a clever way to revitalize those older front lens
caps with the cloth grippers? A few of mine have become so matted down
that they really don't function anymore. I have similar problems with
the old rear caps for M-mount. These I managed to repair by rubber
cementing in a piece of rubber to take out some of the play. Ugly, but
effective. I imagine I could just glue in some felt or perhaps a scrap
of Ted's underwear, or as someone will probably suggest- just dicard
them altogether. If anyone has a trick before I get out the glue gun and
completely bastardize them-  I'm all ears...err eyes.

Best to all,
Chris
summarex@hotmail.com
- -