Subject: Re: [Leica] loose old caps
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:34:13 -0400

I had one that was too loose for my Summitar.
I ended up taking a piece of chamois, and using 3M mounting cement, I
applied a piece of heavy red velvet to it.
When it had dried for a day or two, I used a steel rule, and and exacto
knife to cut a strip just a bit more narrow than the rim, and dry fitted
into the cap to determine the proper length, then using contact cement
applie thinly to the chamois side, and to the cap ( q-tip work!) let it sit
a few minutes and then apply the strip. I've had mine done a few months, and
have not lost it yet.
I had gotten some thick woolen felt a few years ago to replace the felt
padding in a Leitz microscope case, but since then, I've only been able to
find the cheap, thin, fuzzy polyester stuff. If you find some source of
thick felt, let us know!
Cheers
Dan