Subject: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: Michael Hintlian <MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:31:13 -0400

Dan;

When was it easy?  In many ways, its the photographers' own internal
suspicions, fears, anger that makes street work hard.  Its never been easy,
and I doubt it ever will be.  About overcoming it....just work every day,
that will help.

And about the Robert Capa line.  I have always thought it had two
intentions.  The first is physical closeness, the second emotional.  Along
similar lines, Larry Towell wrote in a recent piece about his work
concerning his need for "taking sides".  Its that emotional connection and
point of view that is the avenue to powerful imagemaking.  That, I think,
is what Capa was getting at.

Michael

<<>How many of us feel that it is now getting more difficult to even take