Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: metering middle grey
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 14:05:42 -0700

From the Rollei List Bob Shell has authoritatively and convincingly
turned my head around.
He says middle grey is 13% and the middle grey card is 18% so you have
to open a half stop when you use it.
I quote myself:
I find it quite humorous to find out this late in my photographic life
that the middle grey card is not middle grey.
"It's like finding out that middle grey isn't middle grey!"
What next? Is nothing sacred?
Did everybody know but me?
I you walked up to me in a bar and wanted to bet me whether the middle
grey card was really middle grey what would I have done?
I going to go bury my head in the sand!
Anything else you guys/gals want to tell me before my hair falls out. I
know about Santa.
Mark :-) Rabiner