Subject: [Leica] Tornado pictures
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 10:54:55 -0500

If you want to see pictures I took of a tornado's aftermath, go to my web
page (URL below).

I was at Lake Contrary school at the time it happened. I was going out to
the car and didn't have my coat on. So I waited for a break in the rain.
And as I was running out to the car, at about 2:30 in the afternoon, the
wind blew so hard it knocked my hat off and almost knocked me down. I had
no idea it was a tornado at that moment about 5 miles to the west that
threw a small pickup into the path of a dump truck, then went up north to
damage farms, power lines, trees, etc.

Anyway, I didn't hear about the tornado 'til later, but I got up to it in time.

I got a bunch of pictures, but the paper didn't have space for more than
two (first two pictures on my opening page). I have lots more, and I'll try
to scan some more in later.

And for Ted Grant: See? I've been out using my Leicas. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?