Subject: Re: [Leica] Anybody used a 180 Summicron?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 23:07:58 -0500

At 01:46 PM 4/9/99 -0300, you wrote:
> I figure that this lens with a 1.4 APO extended is a 250 2.8,
>which is probably pretty good where I might use a 280 2.8.  Anybody use
>this lens?

For the most part, you'll need to stop it down to 2.8 to use with that
converter. At least that's what Leica says. The 1.4 Apo converter was
created for 2.8 lenses. If they update it, I bet they fix that problem. But
you should try it wide open. Maybe there is just a bit of vignetting that
Leica thinks is too much? I don't know.

I have used that lens. It's shorter than the 280 2.8 by a long shot. But
it's big and heavy. I loved it. And when the time comes to get long fast
glass, I'll seriously consider this lens.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If you want to know what God thinks about money, just look at the people He
gives it to.
- -- Old Irish Saying