Subject: Re: [Leica] Cops run amok
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 08:21:03 -0500 (CDT)

Maybe I'm naieve or biased to a point that I'm losing it, BUT:

NO cop in any medium sized or larger town in Texas would take
your camera from you on YOUR property even if you were taking
pictures of him pissing beside his car.....if he did, no DA would
hold it up.....and if HE did, and if you could get the story out,
your neighbors would storm the city offices the next day they
opened.....

People in different areas have different interpretations of
their rights....and the cops act accordingly.  I know, they're
in my family!....

In Kalifornica, people are so used to giving up their personal
rights that half the damn towns probably supports the police
on this one....so be it....they can live there.....my family
has already escaped one facist location two generations ago,
they'll move again if they have to....at least there's still
Montana and Idaho.....sure don't like the cold, tho...

Where are the "hippies" when you need them?...Oh, I forgot,
they've become lawyers and politicians......:) :)

Walt

On Fri,
9