Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica] flash (and now R-bodies talk)
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:47:53 -0500

>Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:35:53 -0700
>From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
>Subject: [Leica] flash

>snip<

>Also BTW, I was at Sammy's Cameras in LA yesterday and one of their
>Leica users said they did their own benchmark tests and found the R
>lenses to be sharper than the M's. How 'bout that?
>
>Dave Y

Whaaaat!? Oh the HERESY!!!!!! You must perform an act of contrition for
your words! You must carry an M lens cap in your pants for a week!!
Everyone KNOWS there are no lenses better than M lenses!!! God told me that
himself (he appeared to me as a Metz flash unit)!

:)

Seriously folks... just got my M6 and am LOVING it! Am seriously thinking
of selling my 'user' M4-P  just to help finance another lens purchase. I
know that having two bodies is the way to go.... but..... sigh.
Used the M6 on a wedding shoot (I was assisting and second shooter with
Delta 3200, all existing light stuff- how remarkable to be shooting in a
reception hall, candlelight and some ambient light from a spotlight aimed
at the table centerpiece and be reading in my viewfinder that f4 @ 1/30th
was 'good'!!??)

anyway- have been moved by my "Leica experiences" to consider the purchase
of an R body; but don't think I want to invest in an R8.... what are LUG
suggestions for a reasonable user R body? Are there user R6.2 's out there,
or is an R4 a better 'entry level'??

thanks,

Bob Keene