Subject: [Leica] Re: flash (and now R-bodies talk)
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 01:10:05 -0400

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Bob Keene wrote:

<SNIP>

>anyway- have been moved by my "Leica experiences" to consider the purchase
>of an R body; but don't think I want to invest in an R8.... what are LUG
>suggestions for a reasonable user R body? Are there user R6.2 's out
there,
>or is an R4 a better 'entry level'??

Bob,

The R4sP is a good "entry-level" R-body.  In my experience the R4s is
reliable but the R4sP's idiot-proofed controls make it more useful to me.
The Leicaflex SL is reliable, an excellent user and my favorite Leica
reflex but repair costs can be high, some R-lenses can't be used on it and
it doesn't have several features people take for granted on newer cameras.
I have no long-term experience with other R-bodies.

Doug Herr
Sacramento