Subject: [Leica] Off topic and for no
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:06:56 -0700

 particular reason.............

I am well aware of the pain that is being inflicted in other parts of the
world and I don't wish to make light of it. But I also, for the first time
this year, was reminded that Spring comes every year. (I usually forget
'round about December) And guess what - this was the weekend.

Maude the MG came out of the garage, (I forgot how to put the top up) and
off we went.

Among our stops in the past 24 hours..................

A quick hike up the bluff at Ebey's Landing is where I found 7 or 8 model
sailplanes working the wind shifts as they came off Admiralty Inlet heading
into Puget Sound. I put the 21 mm on the M-6 and destroyed a roll and a half
before coming up for air the first time. Thanks, Tom for your
winder........this is when it does its stuff. I like to work close, and the
21mm, the pilots and the planes just inches from each other makes for lots
of fun and games.

I took a breather and looked down on the beach to watch a big Lab chase
sticks into the water. He was out quite a long way and that's when I noticed
the Gray Whale heading south into Puget Sound. Now, for a moment I thought,
"gee...if that dog was a little further out and that whale was in a little
closer, we could have a problem". Then, I remembered that
Gray Whales do not like dogs. However, along with the Gray's we have been
having a
large number of Orca's in the neighborhood. They do like dogs! Today,
fortunately,
that handsome chocolate Labrador need not worry.

I Stopped at the store for a cheap bottle of wine to have with our
championship Domino's game tonight and while driving down Main Street (and
it is) I had to stop and wait for 3 deer to cross the road. Our Main Street
beats
most of 'em. I still had the 21 mm on the M-6 and figured I already had
enough good shots of Maude's dash.

Charlie, our pound puppy, spent most of the day arguing with a Douglas
Squirrel and a Flicker, both of whom had been taking the last of the suet
out of one of the feeders in the back yard. And, my dear bride finished the
very last of a 2 year graduate program this very afternoon.

All in all, a good spring weekend. I put Maude back in the garage. The
forecast is for rain tomorrow, and I still don't want to remember how the
top
goes together.

I do hope your weekend was as pleasant.

Cheers,