Subject: Re: [Leica] How could the R8 be bettered?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:18:35 -0800

> Pascal wrote:
> >If serious and sincere, I do believe Leica could use remarks as these for
> >future adjustments to the R8 and its successors. I am looking forward to
> >seeing some observations by others.

My one complaint with the R8 is the exposure bracketing lever.  By
requiring you to move a hand from focusing position to change the
bracketing you have multiplied the time between frames.  It needs to be
useable with an available finger not used for focusing, shutter or
winding.  The Canon dial on back when set for bracketing is the
slickest, quickest.  In my opinion, the bracketing system on the R8
makes AE impossible with chrome.  All that can be done is to use Manual
and turn the dials yourself.

donal
- --
Donal Philby