Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Film Scratching
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:12:34 +0200

At 11:59 am +0200 13/4/99, Gareth Jolly wrote:
snip
>I think the list should give those raising the problem their due.  We are
>not imagining it.  Nor falsely attributing cause.  The last place I wanted
>to lay blame was my new, and already beloved, Leica.
>
>No-one is saying that Leica's are not great cameras.  They clearly are.  Nor
>that all Leicas scratch film - it seems to be only some (and I emphasize,
>some) very recent M6s.  Perhaps a particular production run of pressure
>plates.
snip

What interests and perplexes me on this list is recurrent argument on
"putative" QC problems.  Although I have had only a few with my Leica stuff,
I for one *feel* that Leica is currently not very good at QC.  Statistical
proof may be difficult, but the fact is that some "unlucky" users want Leica
products to be better controled.  I cannot tell them that they are wrong in
doing so.  Frankly speaking, when I buy cameras/lenses, I am more afraid of
possible flaws with Leica than with other marques.  I love Leica products,
but hopefully they are even better than they are, becuase they *can*.

Leicalement,

Mikiro
strasbourg