Subject: [Leica] R8 improvements
From: "GBicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 06:11:22 -0600

- ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01BE8574.73ED88C0

Morning, all.

It is a helluva camera, but I do think there should be some convenience =
changes.  The shutter speed dial is so large as to get rubbed and =
changed in the process of doing other things.  Like changing the =
metering mode.  The mode setting near the shutter setting dial should be =
made easier and more positive to use.

I also would like to "hold" an exposure I have taken in any mode, not =
just spot.  Even to the extent of placing an out of the way button just =
for this purpose, or leave the function as one step of firing the =
shutter.

I would like to see an independently purchasable back which performs =
focus confirmation and communicates this to the processor and the =
viewfinder through its many contacts.

Son of R8 should be designed so that focus confirmation/AF is compatible =
with as many existing lenses as possible.

My two pfennigs

Enjoy the light!

Greg

- ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01BE8574.73ED88C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Morning, all.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It is a helluva camera, but I do think there should =
be some=20
convenience changes.&nbsp; The shutter speed dial is so large as to get =
rubbed=20
and changed in the process of doing other things.&nbsp; Like changing =
the=20
metering mode.&nbsp; The mode setting near the shutter setting dial =
should be=20
made easier and more positive to use.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I also would like to "hold" an exposure I have taken =
in any=20
mode, not just spot.&nbsp; Even to the extent of placing an out of the =
way=20
button just for this purpose, or leave the function as one step of =
firing the=20
shutter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I would like to see an independently purchasable =
back which=20
performs focus confirmation and communicates this to the processor and =
the=20
viewfinder through its many contacts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Son of R8 should be designed so that focus =
confirmation/AF is=20
compatible with as many existing lenses as possible.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My two pfennigs</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Enjoy the light!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Greg</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01BE8574.73ED88C0--