Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R3 Mot Electronic a good camera?
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:26:32 +0100

Deniz wrote:

>I just have seen today a Leica R3 Mot Elecronic with Winder in very good
>condition and just serviced a few weeks ago.  Because I do not have a
>real Tele Lens for my M6, I thought taking the R3 and a 180 or 240mm.
>But I do not know the model and ask if there is anything to know or if
>the R3 is good. Technical the R3 is in very good mint conditions.

I've been using mine (with winder and grip) for the past few months. It's
an excellent, if heavy, camera with an easily switchable dual
spot/integrated metering system which works very well.

The viewfinder's nowhere near as bright as my SLs, but compares well with
my N^^^^s.

Its main drawback, as has been noted, is that you have to remember to turn
the meter off - otherwise you'll be needing new batteries very quickly.
Once you've got into the habit, this is no problem.

You'll also need three-cam or third cam lenses to get the most out of it.

The R3 is also quite cheap compared to many of its R successors. If
everything works and the price is right, buy it!

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall