Subject: [Leica] Leica powerpoint presentation/question on 50mm f2.8 old style elmar
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:51:15 -0500

Its been a frustrating evening until now.  I am taking a college class where
I had to make a powerpoint presentation.  I ended up making up a
presentation on the virtues of the Leica M system.  It turned out real nice.

Of course I made the presentation to present itself in a looping fashion as
if it were at a photo show.  I gave a small history, why I like the marque
and some simple facts.  I only had to make an 8 panel presentation.  Never
know, I might get a Leica convert or at least get someone interested.

Things turned out rather nicely as I used photos I have of my Leicas.   It
was relatively easy to make.  However, my copy of powerpoint (a legit copy
by the way of course) kept crashing of all things as I would close the
program.  It would cause my system to freeze etc.   Have any of you had
simular problems with this program?  I am using SR-1 of office with a
machine that has windows 95 vers B, with 32meg of ram.  I am thinking that
my system might not have enough ram, but I wouldn't  rule out anything.

I was wondering if any of you have one of the older style collapsible Elmar
50mm f2.8.  Just for curiousity, from your picture taking experience, at
which f stop is maxium quality obtained.  I am going to do a few pre-repair
test frames and want to compare notes.  Its going to get a CLA and a new
front element.

gck