Subject: Re: [Leica] 75'lux focusing
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:56:04 +0200

MERCI 1000X A TOUS!

I am beginning to figure out.  Yes, Eric. "It just takes time to think
things through". @_@;)

So, my problem is due to the followings factors.

1) My eyes
2) My usage of the M rangefinder
3) My M6 (rangefinder)
4) My 75 Summilux
5) Limitation of rangefinder ability

Well, "much fewer errors with 50 mm at f1" suggests that major contributors
are 4) and/or 5).  I will do tripod tests with fixed subjects as well as
tests with another 75 Summilux if possible.  And thanks for the tricks and
instructions for rangefinder usage!

I read with much interest Erwin's article.  With mediocre eyes and in
situations demanding f1.4 (low contrast/dim light), onw is allowed to say
that focusing with 75mm at f1.4 is difficult if not impossible even with
fixed subjects and proper use of the rangefinder.  I was surprised to know
that 50mm at f1 has much larger latitude, being compatible with my
experience.

When I complain of focusing problems, my wife tells me exactly what Hans
could not help posting!  I then tell her, "I am practising Leica-Do".  If I
devote myself to it, I will possibly be able to enter a realm of VIRTUOSI
with Eric and Jim ^_^.  If you like, refer to the Photodo site for the
meaning of Do (my understanding is a bit different, though)

http://www.photodo.com/templates/display.lasso?show=252

75'lux is just misterious as ever!

Thanks again.

Leicalement,