Subject: Re: [Leica] M teleconverter
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:34:15 -0700

> Here's a possibly useless Leica M gadget, as reported in BJP:
>
> "The Benatti company of Milan, known as a producer of useful accessories,
> has taken the initiative in supplying a 2x tele-converter for Leica M
longer
> focal length lenses

I noticed a 2X converter for Leica M and screwmount from Cambridge Cameras
at  http://www.cambridgeny.com/accessories_for_leica.htm I didn't post it to
the list for fear of getting my ass flamed off for suggesting such a
preposterous idea. I actually think it could have some utility for scenics
when traveling with a small Leica M outfit. There are times when it would be
nice to pull in a distant subject like a mountain and this certainly weighs
a lot less then a separate SLR & lens just for telephoto work. It might also
be good for closeup stuff.