Subject: [Leica] M6 scratching film
From: Patrick Snook <patrick.snook@yale.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:57:54 -0400 (EDT)

For anyone  interested in this thread:

I reported to the list my problems with a new M6 (which scratches
film) and a new Summicron f/2 50/M (which had an extra click-stop between
f/2.8 and f/4).  I will now add  that both items are in transit to Leica
USA for repairs.

Many thanks to those in the list who have given advice (especially re.
testing the M6 carefully to determine it alone is the cause of scratches
on film) and expressions of sympathy.

It is difficult to let go of this delightful camera, even for the few days
necessary for repairs, but I'm sure that the longer I own it, the less I
will feel inclined to release it from my grasp!  Better it were done
quickly.

Patrick Snook