Subject: [Leica] M6 and pressure plate scratches
From: Patrick Snook <patrick.snook@yale.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:01:16 -0400 (EDT)

FYI.  After ten days away, my new M6 and 50mm f/2 were returned to me
yesterday.  The lens is fixed.  The proof of the pressure plate pudding
will be sampled later today, I hope.  Leica even returned my negatives and
spoiled film samples, without prompting from me.

Leica NJ did a fine job as far as quick turn-around goes.  And although
the camera acquired a small scratch near the baseplate somehow, and the
telephone responses of customer service were not efficient (I was
promised two return calls, which never came), I've no real complaints.

Happy to be snapping again--

Patrick Snook