Subject: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:46:07 -0400

Hi, I'm very new to this group. I hope this is an appropriate question
for this list? I recently bought a new M6, today acually. I was
checking the shutter speed at 1/1000 and found starting speed was
around 1100uSec and the ending speed was around 700uSec. That means
there is about 2/3's of a stop difference across the film. Is this
normal or did I get a lemon? I would have thought a new camera would be
much better than this. (test was done using a laser pointer, photo
transistor, and scope).

thanks
Wayne