Subject: Re: [Leica] King of the Night is now live!
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:07:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/99 6:42:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dwpost@email.msn.com writes:

>  Sherry did my M3, and I have to agree with you, not only is the M3 a great
>  camera, but what Sherry can do to them is great as well! She replaced a bad
>  DS winding head with a SS one, did a full CLA, and I swear, made the
outside
>  look like new as well!- people cannot believe the camera is 40+ years old!

My M3 looks brand new as well.  In addition to normal looking dust and dirt,
there was 30 year old masking tape concrete on the baseplate; everything is
gone!

>  I am wondering, has anyone asked Sherry or Don about this alleged problem
>  with M6s scratching film? If anyone has an idea about it, I am sure they
>  would!

I didn't ask her, but I *did* notice the film plate has either been replaced
or the surface has been retreated. It is definitely not the same surface as
when it went to her.

/Mitch