Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:28:50 -0400

When I bought my friends Nikon F2 (an 1971 model which had been sitting in
a camera bag unused for years), I took it to an independent repair
facility.  The shutter was so off, they were unable to even measure shutter
speeds (something called tapering?).  I ended up buying the camera from
him, played with it for a week, then took it to Nikon Canada.   When they
tested the shutter, they found that except for the 1 sec speed (off by
about 20%), the remaining speeds all were within spec.  (I assume this
means within maybe +/- 10%?).  In any case, I think it was my weeks worth
of clicking the shutter that loosened up the lubrication etc., and that
brought the shutter back from the dead.  I've used that camera quite a bit
since then, never a problem.

Obviously, this shouldn't be a problem with a new camera, though.

Dan C.