Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 06:19:57 +0000

>When they
>tested the shutter, they found that except for the 1 sec speed (off by
>about 20%), the remaining speeds all were within spec.  (I assume this
>means within maybe +/- 10%?).
<snip>>
>Obviously, this shouldn't be a problem with a new camera, though.
>
>Dan C.

I remember when Pop Photo used to run tests on the shutters of new
mechanical cameras on the market.  Hardly any were on the mark most of the
time and were still considered within acceptable limits.  There was a lot
of give and take in the shutter accuracy of mechanical cameras,  and I now
cannot remember within how many percent.

Dan K.