Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 06:24:00 +0000

>I've preached for years that people not "obsess" on a speck
>of dirt in a lens nor on a 1/1000 speed that's 1/650.....
>however, if the shutter TRULY is 'wedging' at the higher
>speeds, it WILL be a "picture" problem, not just nit-picking.

The shutter accuracy on my electronically timed G2 is more on the mark.

My M cameras do not seem to agree with one another even at the same
registered shutter speed.  This is an Achilles heel in mechanical cameras
and before the days of electronic shutters, users just "lived with it".
That is not so critical for negative films but a badly timed shutter will
show up in chromes.

How many of us would actually prefer an accurately timed electronic shutter
on our M6?

Dan K.