Subject: [Leica] Best 50 mm LTM lens
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:01:20 +0200

Thanks to all LUGgers, for your help and suggestions!

I now understand that there is no such thing as best 50 mm LTM lens, it is like asking for the "best" wine or whisky. Each lens has it's own characteristics.
I guess I will have to explore them all, in the years to come!

My uncoated Elmar will do fine for a while. I got a lens shade as part of the deal, an amportant accessory for uncoated lenses. Choice of more contrasty film types will also improve uncoated lenses.

First on my buying list will be the red scale Elmar. I like contrasty images, and a coated Elmar seems to be a good choice.

A friend of mine will trade a Summar 50 with clean glass for one of my photo bags. You see: -LTM equipment is very affordable (and fun!)

Hans