Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USERS!
From: "Gareth Jolly" <garethjolly@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:20:18 +1000

I think this one slipped through my net.  But having seen it, I'm goaded
into responding.

If I could only identify a scratch on a negative using a micron laser
held at at 37 degree angle to the film in complete darkness while standing
on my head, I would neither have sent my camera back to Leica (well, Adeal)
nor posted the list in the first place.

Obviously, the main thing is the photograph - the image, the light, the
moment.  The conception.
Lose sight of that and you've lost sight of everything.

But if you've bought a Leica, you are also looking for a high technical
standard as part of your photography.  That is also an important part of
much good photography.

Otherwise, we might as well all pack it in and go looking for box brownies
at school fetes.
(Perhaps, we could start a list?  'The box brownie artists who used to be
Leica Photographers'  Too long?)

Gareth